Monday, December 9, 2013

One Man Army

Posted by Samson

It's been a long wheat harvest season but I finally get to see my beloved Philistine wife. I approached her house bearing a young goat and asked her father to go in her room, but he refuses my request. I was struck with sadness when I heard his response. When I asked him why, he had thought I did not have feelings for her anymore so he said he gave her way to my best man and that I should have her younger sister. I was so enraged at this statement and said that it's not my fault if I harm the Philistines because you forced it upon me. So I gathered three hundred foxes and out of rage, burned them all on Philistine land. I suppose they were infuriated with my actions because when they found out that I had burned their land, they responded by slaying my wife and her family.

          I then struck the Philistines hip and thigh, a great slaughter it was. After I went to hide in a cleft in the crag of Etam. Soon I would find my self discovered by Philistines. I told them that trying to kill me would not end well, so they took me me prisoner. Something odd came about me during my first hours of imprisonment. I believe I felt the power of God giving me strentgh and the bond holding my hands melted away. Coming across the jawbone of a donkey, I picked it up, using it to  slay 1,000 Philistines.

No comments:

Post a Comment